Why choose between a brownie and a cookie when you could have both?? I spotted this recipe over at beautiful disasters and had to try it. Unfortunately, the universe aligned against me and not only did I not pay attention to proper ingredient amounts, but the oven temp on the original recipe was off as well. The result? Somehow I still ended up with chewy, delicious, brownie-like cookies. Amazing, right?
These reminded me of my fudgy cookies that I use for ice cream sandwiches. They have a nice cookie exterior with a chewy brownie center. These are sure to take care of any chocolate cravings you may have. Make sure to chill the dough a bit so they don’t spread too much!
BROOKIES! (Brownie – Cookies)
[ Printable Recipe ]
- 1/4 c. butter – that’s a half stick butter (I may have spaced out and used a whole stick, oops?)
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 c + 3/4 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- combine butter, unsweetened chocolate, and 3/4 c. chocolate chips in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter and chocolate melt; let cool.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Gradually add flour, salt and baking powder, beating well. Then add the chocolate mixture and beat well. Stir in remaining 3/4 c. chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheets, 1 inch apart. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets; finish cooling on wire racks
[ Thanks for the recipe, Casey! ]