So I don’t think this is what the BF meant when he asked for “s’more cookies” BUT…
Yeah, sorry. I’m horrible. Can’t stop myself from making s’more jokes. I’m so sorry. Please don’t hold it against me. Or these cookies.
While these aren’t traditional “Christmas” cookies, for some reason when it’s all cold out, I want things like chocolate, and marshmallows, whether it’s in cocoa or s’more form. Problem is, not everyone has the option of making s’mores in the winter… I mean, I’m not too good to “roast” marshmallows over the stove (not that I have to in AZ, we can roast marshmallows all year long), but these are a delightful alternative.
With graham crackers baked right into the cookie, and how cute are those little Hershey and marshmallow pieces sticking out? I swear I could die. I think these will be a new addition to my cookie boxes this year (hope none of you guys are reading this one…)
[ Printable Recipe ]
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (7-8 crackers)
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ sticks (6 oz) unsalted buter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi0sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 Hershey bars, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment.
1. If necessary, crumble 8 graham crackers in a food processor. Measure 1 cup of crumbs and set aside.
2. Whisk graham crumbs, flour, bakign soda, an dsalt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugars on medium until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture and mix on low until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes, until set. Remove from oven and quickly push a few marshmallows and pieces of Hershey bar into the top of each cookie.
5. Return cookies to the oven to finish baking, about 2 0 3 more minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
[ adapted from cookie madness ]
You may also like…