Happy Thursday, everyone! This Thursday in particular is exceptionally happy for me, because it is the start of a (much-needed) long weekend. That’s right! The BF and I are ditching work and heading out on our very first trip to Lake Powell.
In other news, I have the best boyfriend ever, because he bought me this magical thing:
That’s right ladies and gents… POWDERED PEANUT BUTTER. AANNDD powdered CHOCOLATE peanut butter. What’s that you say? 85% less fat than regular peanut butter? With 100% of the flavor? All you do is mix a bit of the powder with a bit of water and voila – peanut butter. Of course I’ve already mixed it into milk … which I then dipped my delicious Oreos into. Yup, Oreos dipped in peanut butter flavored milk. Pretty much the best thing ever. Just sayin’. I can’t wait to work it into 234283493 recipes. Can’t. Wait.
Speaking of Oreos (and my delightful BF), we had this conversation over the weekend when he returned from the store…
BF: “I have bad news, and I have good news.”
Me: “Okay…?” ( insert quizzical stare here )
BF: “The bad news is, they’ve discontinued the birthday cake Oreos… The good news is they were on clearance so I bought ALL OF THEM!”
Things like that remind me of why I love him so much… That and the peanut butter. A man after my own heart… Now that I had enough Oreos to feed a small village, I had to use them. And what better way to use them than to stuff them inside of a chocolate chip cookie? While I was at it I used the rest of our (opened) Girl Scout cookies, leaving us with chocolate chip cookies stuffed with Oreos, Tagalongs, and Samoas. Because the only thing better than eating a cookie is eating multiple cookies at the same time.
Your brain just exploded. I know.
Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
[ Printable Recipe ]
- 2 sticks softened unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (I usually use “golden” but ran out and ended using half dark)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 oz (half bag) mini chocolate chips
- 1 bag Oreo Cookies (or Tagalongs, or Samoas, or whatever you want. Go crazy)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Cream butter and sugars in an electric mixer until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
2. In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
3. Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie, smoosh down, pressing toward the edges. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie. I sealed mine by pressing the dough to the edges, then rolling the cookie between my hands until it was completely smoothly covered.
4. Chill in refrigerator at least 15 minutes before baking.
5. Place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake cookies 10-20 minutes, depending on the size of cookie scoop you use. They should be just golden and the bottoms lightly browned.
Using a large scoop will give you GIANT cookies (see Oreo cookie) that take almost 20 minutes to bake completely
Using a smaller scoop gave me the ratio I preferred (see Tagalong cookie), and they baked faster as an added bonus
Let cool for 5 minutes on a baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.