Are you ready for the easiest blondie recipe ever??? The best part is, you probably have everything you need right now! Just a stick of butter, some brown sugar, flour, 1 egg, and some mix-ins… and about 30 minutes (including baking and prep).
These usually end up SUPER gooey inside, to where you’re not quite sure they’re adequately baked, but I’m pretty sure it’s just the whole stick of butter. You could probably cut the butter by 2 Tbsp if you really feel the need to, but they’re SO GOOD as is… Like a super gooey chocolate chip cookie/brownie texture.
Optional mix-ins include
- Chocolate chips
- M&Ms (make it easy to “theme” your blondies, green for St Patty’s, pink for Valentines, you get the picture)
- Other candies (like the new super-cute ultra-mini-reeses)
- Dried fruits
- Different alcohol/extract (almond extract, bourbon, whiskey, whatever)
- 8 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 c AP flour
- 1 c mix-ins
- Beat melted butter with brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix salt & flour in a separate bowl, then beat into butter mixture.
- Stir in any add-ins.
- Pour into greased 8×8 baking pan. Bake 20 – 25 min @ 350F, or until set in the middle. Cool on rack before cutting.