In my ongoing quest to feed my (seemingly) endless desire for sweets without having to turn on an oven or stove, I came back around to popcorn.
Remember that tasty s’mores popcorn from a few weeks back? Well, BF has been asking for it over and over again. Me being the wonderful girlfriend that I am, instead of giving it to him, I made him something else!
Something I was pretty sure that he would still love. Filled with one of his favorite candies. And I made it so that I could eat it too, by adding lots and lots of extra peanut butter. I know that we’ve recently exchanged words about my sentiment toward Reese’s Pieces, but I do still love peanut butter, and I had another half bag of adorable mini Reese’s Pieces to use up.
See that? Easy peasy!
Reese’s Pieces Popcorn
Makes about 10 cups popcorn
- 1 3-ounce bag microwave popcorn, popped
- generous sprinkle of salt, to taste
- ½ cup white chocolate or vanilla chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup mini Reeses Pieces
1. Spread popped popcorn on a large rimmed baking sheet.
2. Microwave peanut butter and vanilla chips in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds or so, until melted. Drizzle half of the peanut butter mixture over popcorn and sprinkle with a generous helping of salt. Toss to coat.
3. Sprinkle Reese’s Pieces over popcorn, and drizzle remaining peanut butter in a pretty, haphazard pattern. Allow to cool completely. This popcorn is best eaten the day it’s made, but can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.