These bars were basically made for us, combining his love of rice krispy treats and my deep love of Oreos unite to create an amazing cookie-filled krispy treat. BF made them all by himself (well, with the help of my owl apron), and they were delicious.
I noticed that (possibly due to Oreo cookie magic?) they stay fresh way longer than regular krispy treats. We kept eating them all week long. After they were gone, I may or may not have sniffed the container.
They’re that good.
Cookies & Cream Krispies
- 1 (10.5 ounce) bag of mini marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups Cocoa Krispies (could use regular crisp rice cereal, if desired)
- 3 cups Oreos, coarsely chopped
1. Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with saran wrap, then grease with butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Once melted, add the marshmallows and stir with a silicone spatula until melted.
*Alternatively, you can melt the butter in a large bowl in the microwave, then add marshmallows and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
3. Add cocoa krispies and chopped cookies to marshmallow mixtures and stir until well-mixed. You are going to need all of your arm muscles for this, so I hope you’ve been working out!
4. Press mixture into prepared 9 x 13-inch pan and set aside to cool and firm up, about an hour or two. (Or about 30 minutes in the fridge). Once cooled, cut into bars and enjoy! They will keep for about a week in an airtight container at room temperature.